Leyden’s 1st Annual Chili Cook-Off
Saturday, October 5, 2019
Does your chili have what it takes?! Bring your “A” Game to the first Annual Leyden’s Vineyard Chili Cook-Off with spicy hot prizes! Free entry, however entry’s are limited. Participants will be required to set up their “stations” and chili ready to serve from 1:00pm to 4:00pm. The winners will be announced at 4:00pm.
1st Prize – $100 + Chili Cook Off Trophy
2nd Prize – $75
3rd Prize – $50
Owner’s choice – $25 Leyden’s Vineyard Gift Certificate
Chili Cook-Off Rules
- Ingredients must be pre-cooked prior to the commencement of the official cook-off. Meat may be treated, pre-cut or ground, but must be cooked. Each contestant is solely responsible to make sure that no ingredient is under-cooked and/or that there is no risk of food born illness.
- The cooking period must occur within 24 hours of event. Chili must be brought and kept in crock pot or other warming container that will be placed for entry from 11:00 to 12:30 PM. Contestants should bring sample cups, utensils, also an extension cord with them in case that is needed.
- Each contestant must cook a gallon (four quarts) of chili (one regular crock pot).
- Contestants are responsible to submit a contestant entry form. The contestant must prepare chili using their own selected recipe and ingredients. Contestants may bring things to garnish their chili.
- Each contestant will be assigned a contestant’s number by the Scorekeeper and given sampling cups to fill and submit, costumers will be tasting the chili’s and scoring them on a tally sheet to be submitted.
- Leyden’s Vineyard & Winery will provide:
- Tables for set up
- Power for crock pots, etc.
Last entry will be taken 24 hours before the start of the event.
Chili is judged on Aroma, Eye Appeal, Taste, and Overall Satisfaction. By participants of the event.